Copyright 2022 © INCM. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Bethel Seminary, INCM offers formal certification in:
Children's Ministry ● Family Ministry ● Pastoral Care
The Engage Certification Sets You Apart
Deepen Your Knowledge
Explore biblical and theological foundations for ministry that will support your entire ministry to kids and families.
Expand Your Ministry
Learn how to apply your new knowledge and understanding to key areas of ministry alongside a cohort of other leaders.
Grow Your Leadership
Advance your ministry leadership and develop your influence in your church and the whole ministry community.
How to Complete Engage Certification:
Secure your spot in this year's cohort by registering online. You will receive your student welcome email right away, then you'll get access to the syllabus and online classroom.
Start class in September
Your journey begins online as you start coursework with fellow members of your cohort. You will discover that not only will this journey include academic work, but also personal development of you as a disciple of Jesus.
Attend Children's Pastors Conference in January
About 15 hours of your Engage Certification experience will be completed at CPC in Orlando and an exclusive online event just for Engage students! You'll be able to receive incredible, personalized training at a world-class event and meet your fellow students.
Complete your certificate in May
Congratulations! When you complete your journey in May, you will hold a ministry certificate from INCM with academic credit at Bethel Seminary!
Engage Alumni Are Saying...
Preschool Ministry, Florida
“Engage has equipped me with tools that made me a more effective leader in all aspects of the ministry. It also provided me with a community that I am still connected with.”
“As a leader without any previous formal education, I felt the coursework and certificate allowed me to feel confident moving forward. It validated my experience and knowledge in many ways!”
Kid’s Ministry, Washington
“Because of Engage, I feel like I can dream big, cast vision, and lead with confidence. My ministry, my church, and my own spiritual walk are stronger because of this program.”
What You Get with Certification
For less than $1500, you get an incredible amount of training and additional value as part of the certification programs.
Discover How Engage Will Enhance Your Ministry
In this video, you’ll hear from past Engage students. These programs are crafted just for children’s and family ministry leaders like you.
Watch the Video >
Choose Your Engage Program:
All three programs have the same price, value, and features. Each program contains unique curriculum and emphasis.
Children's Ministry Certification
- Biblical and theological foundations for children’s ministry
- Practical topics like spiritual formation and discipleship of children
- Developing your influence as a children’s ministry leader in your church and community
Family Ministry Certification
- Biblical and theological foundations for family ministry
- Practical topics like strengthening family life and educating families in the church.
- Developing your impact on family education in the church and family nurturing in the home
Pastoral Care Certification
- Biblical and theological foundations for pastoral care of children and families
- Practical topics like responding to specific crises and problems in families.
- Developing your capacity for effectively ministering to the wellbeing of children and families
Partnership with Bethel Seminary
INCM has partnered with Bethel Seminary and their accomplished faculty and staff to provide in-depth children’s ministry certificate programs that will allow leaders to take their next step in church leadership.
Engage Certification is a training program of the International Network of Children’s Ministry – a trusted, independent network that exists to connect and equip the children’s ministry community.
Over 40 years of training leaders
Unwavering commitment to your growth as a children’s ministry leader
Global advocate for the discipleship for kids and families
Frequently Asked Questions
Engage launches in September, and concludes the following May.
- Biblical Foundations of Children’s Ministry
- Personal and Spiritual Formation
- Cognitive, Moral and Spiritual Development of Children
- How Children Learn: Learning Styles and Multiple Intelligences
- Understanding the World of Children: Generational Distinctive
- Spiritual Formation and Discipleship of Children
- Models and Metaphors in Children’s Ministry
- Volunteer Recruitment, Management and Retention
- Administrative Practices in Children’s Ministry
- Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Children’s Ministry Through Global Lenses
- Techniques and Strategies for Team Building and Staff Development
- Current Trends in Children’s Ministry
- Biblical Foundations of Family
- Theological Foundations of Family
- Family Ministry Models – “The Family Ministry Pie”
- Educational Model
- Caring Ministries Model
- Parent Equipping Model
- Family of Families Model
- Family in Service Model
- Milestones Model
- The Unique “Family Ministry Pie” for Your Context
- Family Ministry Analysis
- Culture and Family: Implications for Family Ministry
- Topics in Family Ministry drawn from the following:
- Tending Your Own Family as a Family Ministry Leader
- Parenting Ministries
- Marriage Ministries
- Grandparenting Ministries
- Singleness and Family Ministry
- Adoption and Fostering as Family Ministry
Most of the certificate program will be completed within an online class and cohort. However, it also requires attendance at the Children’s Pastor’s Conference, during which program participants will spend all breakout sessions in the Engage program, as well as a program specific online event. The program also includes ongoing interaction with program faculty and students online, along with two projects for implementation into student’s unique ministry settings.
Engage is for children’s and family ministry leaders ready to experience challenging, rich training, and in-depth relationships.
Absolutely! Because of Engage’s cohort model, it is a value of this certificate course that participants gather together at the Children’s Pastors Conference.